Monday, May 9, 2011

Shimbashi Soba


Soba, ramen, udon, which Jap noodle is your favourite? I personally rank Soba & Ramen among my top choices. When i finally had a chance to try this Jap place which makes their own soba noodles by hand after hearing about it for many years, i went in with rather high hopes of slurping up firm and chewy noodles with a cooling, slightly salty sauce.

Shokado Set A ($18.90)

My friend had this set, which consists of the main dish of hot soba noodles, and several side dishes as shown below:

grilled unagi

seared salmon

chicken kaarage

Shokado set B ($21.90)

I was craving for soba and sashimi, so decided to go for this set, with a cold soba as my main dish, together with side dishes below:

cold soba

sweet & sour chicken

salmon sashimi

mixed tempura

All-in-all, i quite like my soba noodles as it is done al-dente, firm to to bite. But my friend complained about her hot soba being too soft & over-cooked. Verdict? Soba should definitely be eaten cold. The rest of the side dishes are just so-so only, not worth mentioning. Sashimi is not bad though. I won't purposely make a trip there, but if i am around that area and craving for some soba, i will make a 2nd trip there.


Shimbashi Soba
#B1-02 nex

23 Serangoon Central
Tel: 6634 4786
http://www.sobaworld.com.sg/




No comments:

Post a Comment